Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's a Small World

We were sitting in the temple last Thursday evening with Craig and Jordan and the man sitting in front of me turned around and said, "You look familiar." I introduced myself and asked him where he was from. Fayettteville (Fort Bragg). I asked him where he was born. "Tonga", he said. I said, "Malo e lelei. Na'aku ngaue fakafaifekau 'i Tonga 'i he ta'u fitutolu ki he fitunima." (Thanks for being good. I was a missionary in Tonga from '73 to '75). He was from Vava'u from the village of Holonga. He remembered me from 35 years ago. His wife served a mission with Sione 'Otuafi, a 16 year old that I baptized in Holonga. They are Tevita and Pesi Tilini.
He is in the Special Forces in the Army.  The only Tongan in the Special Forces. He has been in the Army for 25 years. What are the chances?! Small world.

1 comment:

Ashley Thalman said...

This is just one of the many hundreds of reasons that I love the gospel!